Friday, September 11, 2009

Coats and Man Calendars


So… I haven’t written a blog in quite some time. But I’m back on the wagon now, so no worries. I just got back from a trip to Montana. Which, I might add was quite fun. Also, my wireless router is apparently broken or something, because I have not been able to get online from my laptop in many moons. It’s been at least one week before Montana and one week after, for a grand total of three and a half – four weeks. But I have given up hoping for my laptop to receive internet and now I have surrendered and will use my parents’ computer at least until I go back to school. I really like writing these things…

Anyway, today I did a little back to school shopping. I specifically planned to do my mall shopping at a time when no one would be there. I hate having to push through people and wait my turn to paw through the all clearance racks. So yeah, all the kids were in school and all the adults were at work. The mall was pretty empty and it was glorious. I had to walk there, but had I driven, I wouldn’t even have had to wait around for a parking spot. I didn’t really find anything worth buying in the main mall, but I bought a pair of jeans and a coat at JC Penny. I don’t usually shop there, but I decided to give it a try today and boy was glad I did. They had so many things on sale… It was wonderful. I wanted to buy so many things, but I had to stop myself. I didn’t really need them. My coat is amazing though, and it was even on sale. It has a hood that not just fits my head, but goes all the way around it. In the past, I have to admit that I have had a little trouble finding coats with hoods that fit my head. I think I must have a very large head, because every coat I have ever bought hasn’t completely been able to shelter me from the elements. It’s pretty sad actually. But no more. Now, thanks to Columbia Sportswear (for making coats with adequate hoods – even for large headed people), and JC Penny (for having a sale) I am now the proud owner of a super coat. I’m pretty excited about this coat. My mom thinks I’m kind of weird for being so excited, and maybe it is a little odd, but I don’t really care. I hope it rains every day this fall so I can wear it. And that was pretty much my shopping trip.

When I got home, I decided to make a calendar for this upcoming school year. It will be the best calendar ever. The reason behind this decision is quite complicated. It all started in the second week of June. You see, when I was moving back home from college in the beginning of this summer, my van just happened to be in the shop. My parents had to borrow a larger vehicle from my mom’s friend. Who very nicely let us use her car I might add. I packed all my things away in it, including my man calendar. Men on a Mission it was called. When we arrived at my house, somehow, it did not get unpacked and remained in my mom’s friend’s vehicle. I was devastated when I realized it was missing. Absolutely devastated. It was my favorite man calendar ever. It had almost-naked Mormon men in it. And their names and where they went in their missions and what they looked like in their regular Mormon clothes. They are all pretty darn hot. I thought the idea behind this man calendar was very cute so I bought it way back last December. It was only used for six months. But anyway, it never turned back up in my life. My mom’s friend said she lost it when she moved, but secretly, I think she kept it because it was so freaking amazing. Oh well. That is why I must make a new calendar. It will definitely still be a man calendar. However, it will have the men of my choosing in it. I plan on it being a homage to male hotness. I’m pretty excited to make it actually. It will be even better than Men on a Mission. I hope. Well actually, I know it will be better. I already made the part with the days and everything. I even looked up cool holidays and the phases of the moon and everything. It will be the real deal. I guess it’s kind of weird that I am making my own man calendar, but that doesn’t really matter. I am just really cheap and don’t want to buy one that I will only use for three months.

That was my day today. Pretty full of excitement…

No comments:

Post a Comment