Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Three People I Hadn't Seen in a Long Time.

Today was a very interesting day. I saw three people that I had not seen in a while.
The first was an old "friend" of mine, Spicy Jesus. The second was my old math TA, Brian Sherson and the third and final person I saw today was Joy, a "cleaning lady".

All three of these events were quite out of the ordinary. I actually really miss Spicy Jesus. I can't remember his real name, but I will tell the story of how I met him. One day in mid-February, my roommate at the time and I were making a cake to celebrate our joint birthday. We walked into our dorm's small communal kitchen and Spicy Jesus was in there waiting for us. In a cloud of horrifying, cough inducing habanero pepper smoke. I couldn't breathe because I was coughing so much. I had to exit the kitchen immediately. And that is where the "Spicy" comes from. We had seen him around our dorm and in the kitchen before, but never before had we experienced the full on spicy-ness. Oh yeah, and he always wore these green army cargo pants and this green jacket thing with boots. He also has long Jesus-like hair complete with a beard. That is where the "Jesus" comes from. I've never spoken to him before, but he was one of those people that you constantly see around. I kind of liked him; his presence was comforting in a way I guess you could say. But anyway, he was a senior last year and I thought I would never see him again. Haha, I was wrong! I saw him today.

Brian Sherson was my old Integral Calculus TA. And let's just say that he will never win World's Strongest Man or Mr. Universe. I felt kind of bad for him because he was quite unattractive. And sometimes he smelled kind of bad. But he was pretty nice. One time, he let me turn in a math assignment that was slightly late. I also thought I would never see him again after last year, but see him again I have. In the words of Master Yoda of course.

Joy is nice. She is the cleaning lady at my local dining center. The one just to the side of my dorm. When she cleans, she kind of hums to herself. I think she has downs syndrome. Today, I was coming home from Fred Meyer where I had recently purchased several items. She got on the bus and sat directly behind me where she proceeded to hum. I always feel kind of awkward when I hear this hum and today was no different I guess.

Well there you have it, my surprising day of seeing people. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment