Friday, May 14, 2010

Loud Breathers.

I was having a wonderful day today until right about seven minutes before my Cell Bio class started, when Mr. Loud Breather decided to sit down next to me. I was reading my slides before class and the next time I looked up, there he was. Now I sat by him once before during the first week of class and I swore that I would never do so again. I never leave an empty seat next to me if I get to class before this guy. I don't know why I did today, but it was a mistake that I hope to never repeat.

This particular guy is the loudest breather I have ever heard. In my entire life. Period. My jaw literally hurt so bad after class today that I couldn't even move my mouth for like an hour. I clenched my teeth so hard that much. It was ridiculous. And I broke my pencil in half because I was sqeezing it so hard too. I could hardly even concentrate on what my professor was saying. And Cell Bio is one of my favorite classes, so this made me really sad. I tried really hard to ignore the loud breather, but I just couldn't do it. I tried moving my head as far away from him as possible, but that didn't work. I tried moving my body as far away from him as possible (I was basically sitting on top of the person on my other side, but I'm sure they understood - they looked pretty miserable as well), but that didn't work either. I could still hear the breathing. I don't even think my feeble attempt to get away from him made his breathing any less loud, but it made me feel better that I tried to escape it. I even tried breathing loud myself to the pattern of his loud breaths, but that didn't work either because I still couldn't reach the caliber of his nasty loud breathing.

Basically, I was super miserable for 50 whole minutes. Grinding my jaw off, breaking my pencil in half... Oh man. I'm sure I was giving off really annoyed, unhappy vibes too. Oh well though. I was taken advantage of in my one moment of decreased vigilance. And it will never happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment