Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lions don't eat rabbits. Come on.

So I was playing Family Feud today on Facebook, and one of the questions it gave me was, "What do lions eat?" Of course, because I know everything about lions, I thought to myself, "Yes! I'm going to kick this question's butt!!" However, this was not to be the case. My zoologic expertise was not enough to win. Not nearly enough. Apparently, lions do not eat zebras, water buffalo, wildebeast, or impala. I got super mad after I got my three strikes and only got one answer two of six answers. It turns out that in addition to gazelle and antelope lions eat deer, bugs, rabbits, and turtles.

Hello! Lions do not eat any of these things!!!! First of all, "rabbits","deer" and "turtles" do not have very high populations in the savannahs of Africa, where real lions live. A real lion would probably never encounter any of these animals in its day to day life. I'm sure if they saw one just standing around, they would try to kill it, but this would probably never happen. Second of all, the bug-filled diet of Simba from the Lion King does not accurately represent the diet of a real lion. Real lions don't eat bugs.

This question made me really mad. Like I actually got pretty upset. It makes me really sad that people actually think lions eat bugs, deer, rabbits and turtles. Oh well though. This question only cheated me out of my Fast money round. No big deal I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment