Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My ugly ID card.


My school ID card is probably one of the most horrible things I have ever seen. I look like some kind of creepy child molester. This is quite unfortunate because everyone has to look at it. All the time. And I mean everyone. The people who scan it for my food, test proctors and whoever just happens to look over at it when I inadvertently leave the thing face up on a table.
My card causes me much concern. I have been using it for a little more than one whole school year and my friends still make fun of me for it. Haha, I even still make fun of me for it. It is so hopelessly unattractive that I kind of want to die everytime I let someone see it. Oh well though.
I have had numerous experiences involving my sad excuse for an ID card; the most recent of which happened just last night. I had a physics midterm yesterday, which I might add, was death. But death aside, my ID card experience was also quite terrible. Not quite death, but close. So... I arrived at my test location, and I saw my test proctor. He was one of the hottest guys I have seen all year. He was pretty darn good looking. Which is amazing, because most grad students in physics are horribly unattractive. I must admit, I kept sneaking peeks at him all thoughout my exam. I just couldn't help it. All in all, I probably wasted like three or four minutes staring at him. Not all at once of course, but spread throughout the eighty minutes. When I had finally finished, I had to bring my test up and show the the hot proctor my ID card, to prove that I am really kelsey-tron. I forgot that I look really ugly on it... But when I got up to him and handed him my card, he looked at it and looked at me and looked back at it and then back at me and so on and so forth. It was pretty sad actually. I could tell he was trying to figure out if the ugly person on my card was indeed me. He must have decided so, because he finally accepted my test. I felt so bad... I did look pretty good that night though, so at least the hot T.A. got to see me at my best. I officially decided to figure out which lab or recitation he teaches so I can get in on the hotness next term.
You might ask why I continue to live with such a poor excuse for an ID card. The answer is atually quite simple. You see, to replace the card, I would have to pay 25 dollars. This is kind of a lot of money and I am pretty poor, so thus far, I have opted to keep my card. My friends have offered to chip in and help me, but I couldn't do that to them. I wish the person who took my picture had asked my opinion on it before putting it on my card, but they didn't. And now I have to live my life as the proud owner of a nasty looking ID card.

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh like an idiot, Kelsey. :D Love the strong voice that you have in your writing!

    ReplyDelete